Sunday, February 13, 2011

My First Impression -hjc #1

The first chapter of the book discusses about the young Ishmael who is running away from the war that is happening in his homeland. He has lost his home and fate of remainder of his family is unknown. Not knowing the existence of his family and friends must feel horrific. As Ishmael traveled away from the war he must have felt lost and heartbroken. This made me really appreciate that I live in a country where I do not have fear of being involved in war and realize the importance of my family and friends for being beside me. After reading the first chapter of the book I felt sympathy for Ishmael and his friends because they could not complete their dream of competing in the competition they were wanting to participate so badly. The beginning of the war felt as if it was end of their childhood and beginning of horror they'll face. The first chapter really made it clear to me that the book is going to contain lots of violence on it. The description of the man who drove his family away from rebels while getting shot was appalling.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, we all need to appreciate the life we have. It is terrible, and even worse to think it's just the beginning. The book has an easy reading level, but the violence really makes this book hard to swallow for some people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same impression that there will be a lot of violences too. Also, i thought that there will be many types of treks for the young men who are the disasterous situation.

    ReplyDelete